Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day 2009

My Mom has not been with me since December of 2000 and yet there is still not a day that goes by that I don't think of her and wish she was here to impart some of her old-fashioned country wisdom on me. I think that everyone has a world of things to thank their Mother for. I look at people who act as though their Mom is going to be around forever and I hear other people being disrespectful and sometimes even rude to the person who brought them into this world and gave them life. Maybe their life has not the easiest or best, but they did not have to walk in their mother's shoes and most of them do not yet realize what their Mom gave up so they could have something. Only when their Mom is no longer with them will they realize what they have lost. Yes, it will be too late. So while you still have the opportunity, call your mom and just say "I Love You" without any reason. Don't wait for Mothers Day, do it every day and you will never regret it.

1 comment: